Respect for Free Spirit’s Space and Community
- All students must sign-in at the Front Desk 10-15 minutes before class begins, in which you will be given an orientation of the studio and guided to the class you will be taking.
- If you are waiting outside the yoga room please speak quietly while a class is in progress. Yes, they can hear you!
- Be on time. Please be seated in the yoga room a few minutes before the start of each class. Each class is organized with a beginning, middle and end, all of which contribute to your experience. If you come in late to class, you not only miss a part of this experience but you will disrupt the yoga experience for someone else as well.
- To limit disruptions during class, we ask that latecomers wait outside the yoga room door until the teacher has opened the door for all latecomers to enter together. Teachers will open the door once about 10 minutes after the class starts to let people in. After this no other students will be allowed in class. If you did not get into class please return to the front desk to cancel your class sign-in so you don’t get charged/ deducted for the class.
- Turn off cell phones and pagers when entering Free Spirit Yoga’s space.
- In order for us to preserve our floors, we ask that you take off shoes before entering the yoga room.
- Roll your mat out quietly and please move your mat if needed when making room for more students in a crowded class.
- Please be considerate of other students by keeping your voice down when a class is in session or when entering or leaving the yoga room.
- If you need to leave the yoga room, please do so in between postures. When returning please do the same.
- It is your responsibility to inform the instructor if you are pregnant or have any injuries before class.
- Please avoid leaving early. If you do need to leave early, please kindly let the teacher know before class and do so before savasana begins.
- Do not bring food or open containers in the yoga room. Please refrain from chewing gum during class.
- While taking a class or workshop, please store personal items on one of the storage shelves/spaces available. You are responsible for your personal belongings; Free Spirit Yoga is not responsible for any lost items.
- Practice propasana: please put all yoga props away neatly and fold blankets.
- If you tend to sweat, bring a towel to class.
- Please support Free Spirit Yoga’s intention of creating a non-competitive and peaceful environment.
- Consistent yoga practice is necessary to obtain maximum benefits. Remember to rest when necessary, to work at your individual level and to respect your body’s current physical state.
General Preparation for Class
- It is not recommended to practice yoga on a full stomach, eat a couple hours before class time.
- Wear comfortable and loose exercise clothing that permits freedom of movement.
- Please observe basic hygiene when attending a yoga class.
- Refrain from wearing perfume, cologne or scented oils during class, as some people do have allergies.
- Bring your own yoga mat or be prepared to rent one at Free Spirit for $1.00. We also sell yoga mats in our Tea Bar boutique if you would like to purchase one.